The Michiana Area Council of Governments is seeking a bright and motivated individual to fill a full-time, permanent Regional Transportation Planner position. The position will play a critical role in the coordination and development of regional short-range transportation planning efforts. Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the development of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) with representatives of transportation agencies, local stakeholders, and federal and state officials. Coordinates with INDOT staff on preparation of the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP);
- Maintains up-to-date records and provides updates on the status of TIP projects. Identifies problems associated with projects, especially those that cause schedule delays or cost overruns;
- Monitors the expenditure of federal transportation funds in the Metropolitan Planning Organization area and manages procedures for expenditure of federal funds in the region;
- Analyzes short-range transportation data and coordinates the development of regional performance measures and targets;
- Engages and coordinates with local, state and federal entities, as well as other stakeholders concerning air quality, congestion management, Intelligent Transportation Systems, traffic incident management;
- Responds to requests for technical assistance from local governments.
Further Information:MACOG is located in South Bend, Indiana just south of the Michigan state line. The area is 45 minutes from Lake Michigan, 1 ½ hours from downtown Chicago, and three hours from Indianapolis. The region boasts of more than fifteen colleges and universities, including the University of Notre Dame, Saint Marys College, and Indiana University. The region includes Elkhart, Kosciusko, Marshall, and St. Joseph Counties with a regional population of more than 567,000 people.
If you have any questions, please contact MACOG at (574) 674-8894 or e-mail us at email@example.com.